Thursday, December 13, 2007

Why I Use Social Bookmarking

I’m going to back up a bit here today and cover social bookmarking again. During the last week I received an email from one of my team members from the thirty day challenge chastising me for leaving the team. In fact he was down rite insulting. It appears that the only thing that the other team members and myself are good for is to help him pawn his wares. He must have assumed that I would bookmark his content regardless of whether the content was good or not. Well this person has missed the boat completely. This is NOT what social bookmarking is all about and it appeared to me that he just wants to game the system. In my opinion if you game you loose.

I use the bookmarking services to save content that I can redly access from any pc. At times I go on the road building FTTH systems and I can’t take my home pc with me but I still want to have access to the great content that I have found so that I can keep connected. I’m not as fortunate as the big dawgs of Internet to dedicate my entire life to marketing, at least not yet, but one day soon I look to leave the optical business and spend the rest of my days with my family. Bottom line is I’ve spent twenty years building the Internet now it’s time to start making money on it instead of building it.

One bi product of bookmarking.

Over the past 9 months I’ve found great content by exploring others bookmarking’s and I hope that other online user have found great content from my bookmarks. After all this is what it’s about, sharing. My bookmarks are not my content but rather others content. So many people don’t understand why you would bookmark someone else’s sites, saying they don’t understand how it would help them. The one man band syndrome. These folks appear to be missing the meaning of the word ’social’.

I’ve found great content like Gary Conn’s site on blogging tips, JDs Blog Empowering Ideas and Dave Taylors blog just to name a few. Does this help my sites? Probably not, but I simply enjoy their content and find it a good resource for things I don’t know and want to learn and I bookmark these sites for me as well as for others that may explore my bookmarks and find value in these sites too.

Bottom line here is simple. I use social bookmarking services to give sites like these my personal recommendation so that others may have the chance to benefit from their knowledge as I do as well as reference for myself.

Article Source : http://www.web20marketingguy.com/69/why-i-use-social-bookmarking/

No comments: