Friday, December 01, 2006

The One and Only Purpose of Advertising

Author: Praveen Kumar
Category: Affiliate Programs, Network Marketing, Business Opportunities
Word Count: 1119
Keywords: mlm, residual income, internet business, home business,residual income,work from home,
Author's Email Address: wealthonline7@gmail.com
Article Source: http://www.articlemarketer.com



I migrated to New Zealand around four years back and because of my interest in real estate investing I decided to become a commercial real estate agent to learn insider secrets of investing in my new
adopted country. It was a very brave step considering my background of a retired naval officer. I had zero experience in making any kind of sale.

I started advertising in the newspapers and slowly my customer list began to grow. I soon discovered that it was impossible for me to contact my clients on telephone or through postal mail when a
new property came up on the market because it was simply too time consuming. I then hit upon the idea of creating e-mail mailing lists on outlook express. I divided my clients into various investment categories and sent them details of properties that were of interest to them. I also sent them regular news letters. I did not realize that I had accidentally
hit upon the idea of e-mail marketing. Whenever I sent details of a property to my clients invariably I received 5 to 10 inquires which resulted in one or two offers. Soon other agents in the company realized I
was getting so many offers that they started approaching me with their properties to sell and my business grew. Within a very short period of time I became one of the top selling agent in my
company. Whenever a new customer responded to my newspaper or a web advertisement, I request them for their e-mail address before asking for their telephone number. I knew that my sales came from repeated offers made through e-mails to my list. That in a nut
shell was the true secret of my success.

The tragedy is that when I started marketing on the internet I missed this basic point of inherent strength of the e-mail lists and got carried away by the hype of short cut and lazy methods such as ad blasting, buying guaranteed sign ups etc and in doing so parted with lot of my hard earned money to the so called Internet gurus.

Fortunately I realized my mistake and got back to the basic success formula of generating qualified opt in lists to succeed online.

I will be brutally blunt with you. If you do not have a responsive list of subscribers who have
agreed to receive your offers then You simply Do Not Have An Online Business!

It sounds a bit harsh (I know), but from personal experience I can assure you that the good old myth is 100% true. The Money Is In The List!

But please do not perceive it as a myth, face the facts and drill it in your head that you NEED to build a list.

You see, many marketers report making $1 per month - per subscriber. This means that if you grow a responsive list of 5,000 subscribers, you can realistically expect to gross $5,000
in sales each and every month!

'When I Had No list, I Made No Money!'

It is true, I made zip, nada, zilch when I did not have a list. And although I kept hearing time after time that 'The Money Is In The List'. For some strange reason I just never built one for my internet business.

I always felt that there had to be another (easier) way to profit online, so I kept searching for a solution for 12 entire months, and guess what? It was a complete waste of time & money.

But then one day, after 12 months of grueling failure, I finally decided to devote all my time & effort to build my own cash-pulling opt-in list (that has truly been the wisest decision I've ever made)!

Today I make a very rewarding income from email marketing alone,and I'm about to reveal EXACTLY how you, too, can do the same.So keep reading!

The three basic tools you will need to start making very targeted opt-in lists for your various campaigns are:

A) Lead Capture web pages
B) A cheap hosting account for your web-sites
C) A reliable auto responder service

These are the basic tools of your trade. You simply can not build a list without these tools.

The one and only purpose of advertising is to capture the e-mail address of the visitor/ customer otherwise you are simply throwing away your advertising dollars. To achieve this your website has to be designed around a lead capture page.

Once you create your lead capture page for a program you must only advertise this page. This will give you the best bang for your advertising dollar. The name, e-mail address & other details you capture through your page are now your property. This has two advantage. Firstly you can send follow
up messages through an auto responder. It normally takes anywhere from 5 to 7 messages to establish a relationship with a potential customer and explain him the details and benefits of your product before a sale is made. Secondly, you now have the ability to make new offers and maintain an ongoing relationship.
Over a period of time you can refine this list to service your most prized clients for repeated business. Earlier you were wasting your dollar on one time advertising or acting as an agent of a program that was collecting your client list in their data pool to grow their business. Over a period of time you will build a list of highly responsive clients and your business will explode with advertising costs dramatically
being reduce.

One of the best software products for generating lead pages has been created by Gabriel Aguinaga. This lead page generator is one of the best and easiest to use.

For the hosting account I recommend Hostgator. It is very cheap at $9.95 per month and you can host multiple sites. Hostgator has multiple features.Please study their programme by visiting their website.

Aweber and Getresponse are the two most popular auto responder services. I use Getresponse because it is simple to operate & allows me to create multiple campaigns & send attachments so that I can send free e-books and offers to my clients. You can check out the services by visiting:

There are some costs involved in setting up your systems but there is no escape if you are serious about building your online business. You can not do internet business without having your own website or building your client base. Auto responders once set up correctly make this task very easy. Follow up messages go automatically without your intervention.
They put your business on auto pilot.

To succeed in business you have to assume leadership role sooner than later & create systems that leverage your time.

The money is in your List. You will need to organize
your systems and your business will not only
multiply but explode.

Praveen Kumar is a success coach who helps others to start home businesses and become financially free.

To find the best home based business ideas and
opportunities so you can work at home visit:
http://www.WealthOnline-ProfitMachine.com

No comments: